Title – “Logonom: Symbolizing Excellence”
Director: Michael Ciacciarelli and Logan Hall
Production: One
Year of production: October-November 2010
Animation/VFX: OPITMUS
Goal of video: the video was commissioned by AICP Midwest, a collection of mid-west agencies, film bureaus, production and post-production companies. They wanted to show the sponsoring companies’ logos prior to a live event, so the result was a fake commercial about a logo manufacturing company, just as an excuse to show those specific logos.
What Happens: The video is about a fake company called “Logonom” that is portrayed in an entertaining and funny way. This company supposedly creates and physically manufactures logos (in huge factories) for any type of client and all needs. The originality of the video lays in the fact that it follows the way most companies present themselves, with a sort of smugness about their qualities and their motivations. It’s a spoof on this type of commercial ad.
Tools and production techniques: They used 3D techniques to create the logos and to integrate them in the environment realistically. For the “70s style” footage they had to do research on the way a vintage video from that are might look, operate color correction to match it visually and sound correction to match the way the audio would feel. The biggest challenge was probably to do the final edit and final mixing to make all the different footage integrate smoothly.
A Key Question: I believe that the main goal of this video is to entertain and make people smile about the way many companies present themselves in their TV ads.
My Impressions: I chose this video because it was radically different from the others I was able to view. It doesn’t take anything too seriously, it’s entertaining and it makes you think about the ways companies usually try to portray themselves in commercials. It’s 8 minutes long, but it’s never boring, it’s quite funny and engaging. At first I chose it because I was interested in the topic of “logos” since I had to create some on my own for different school assignments, but then, as I watched the video it caught my attention for the very realistic “fake” vintage footage and for the smugness this company was presenting itself.
Additional Background:
Production Company’s Website: www.optimus.com
Short Video’s Website: www.logonom.tv
No comments:
Post a Comment