"SHAPESHIFTER"
Short film 2:12
Director:ALEX WEIL
Production: CHARLEX
Animation/VFX: CHARLEX
Charlex.com
What Happens:
In this short film called Shapeshifter There is a car that does just that. It starts out with a car going down a wet road at night. The passes through a dimensional portal and explodes into thousands of pieces. On the other side of the portal the car reassembles into many different animals such as a panther, a fish, and a bird. Each shift is like a portion of the cars spirit being let loose in a beautiful dream world.
Links
Wired Magazine article
IMDB biography of the director
youtube
What they tried to do:
This looked like a car commercial but I think it ended up much bigger. They created a beautiful world with a very complex set of 3d graphics. The pieces exploding and then reassembling were very awe inspiring. I think the makers were mainly trying to test themselves, to expand the limits of their own abilities.
My impressions:
The reason I was drawn to this film is the idea that things can be shattered and become something new. The idea of reinventing yourself is a very interesting concept to me. I enjoyed how seamlessly the pieces came together and the endless possibilities for what was coming next.
No comments:
Post a Comment