HONDA CROSSRUNNER
Viral/corporate video :60
Agency: WIEDEN+KENNEDY
Director: CHRIS SAYER
Production: WYLD STALLYONS
Animation/VFX: WYLD STALLYONS
wyldstallyons.com
What Happens:
In this short film a motorcycle rider parks his bike and walks away accidentally knocking over a bucket of paint. The bucket of paint sees the motorcycle and get excited and paints the alleyway where the bike is parked like a race track and pretends the motorcycle is racing down the alley way. The street looked very similar to a video game when the paint was pretending to ride the bike.
Links
about wyldstallyons
Watch other videos at Vimeo
watch on youtube
What they tried to do:
I think what the makers were trying to do was create a simple yet fun commercial for the new Honda Crossrunner. In this commercial I think they were trying to portray an excitement about ridding the motorcycle by implying that even paint wishes it was able to ride it. The film also had a video game feel to it which I would say was aimed at the video game generation. I am sure that they were trying to reach the gaming demographic.
My impressions:
This was a very fun little commercial. It used imagination and creativity to invoke the feeling that their product would be fun to ride and gave the idea of excitement everywhere you go. I think it spoke to me because it was so similar to a video game and it brings back memories of the fun I had playing them growing up. I am sure that was their intention. Beyond that there wasn’t any wasted moments, the film was short and held my attention the whole time. It was simple and to the point. There was no wondering what it was about.
No comments:
Post a Comment