Director
FREESTYLE COLLECTIVE
Animation
FREESTYLE COLLECTIVE
Tools Used
Maya, After Effects
The short film "Lemon Drop Kiss" follows a character inside a small vehicle as he flies through a field of abstract 3D flowers and into a vibrant chaotic city full of robots. The character drives along a roadway and into the ocean where he encounters several sea creatures and ends up being eaten by a shark.
Information on the Freestyle Collective is hard to come by since their company has merged with the company Nice Shoes. Nice shoes is an animation, VFX and color grading studio specializing in high-end commercials, web content, film, TV and music videos.
This film seems to be another fun project that was made not to advertise or sell anything. One of the things that drew me in was the colorful landscapes and the soundtrack. I wasn't planning on using this as one of my videos for the assignment until I noticed a particular quote in the information area. Art director, Brian Drucker, said "I wanted the viewer to have to watch the animation multiple times in order to fully grasp everything that was going on." After reading this, I decided I needed to watch it a few more times to really appreciate it and that helped it to become one of my picks.
Additional Links
• niceshoes.com (The company that acquired Freestyle Collective)
• Freestyle Collective videos on Vimeo
This is a really cute, whimsical film, I like it. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete